Wednesday, August 27, 2008

för FAN! min nya kamera blev stulen

i got robbed yesterday: my brand new nikon D60 that i've been carrying around like a three-week-old newborn is gone. apparently someone has a copy of our key and accessed the flat during the day while i was at work and stole it. my bedroom door lock is stripped and was supposed to be repaired on sunday, but alas it's too late now. i think the thief got some cash as well...maybe $50 in rupees. unfortunately i don't think any of my insurance (the health and life that i do currently have) covers the camera, though i am in the process of checking that.

needless to say i did not sleep last night despite the fact that my flatmate and i were locked in safely, and as a result did not make it to the gym this morning to run off the kilometers it would take to alleviate the levels of irritation/anger/annoyance/frustration i am experiencing.

the freaky thing is that i think someone saw me walking around with the camera on sunday in the market and then either followed me home and/or somehow knew or figured out where i lived. a lot of ppl have lived in the flat (mostly western girls), so it may not have been so difficult to figure out.

it's not so much the camera i care about except that i was going to use it to promote the kids and the ngo. and the feeling of violation isn't the warmest welcome to this place. because it cost $800, i don't think it is going to be replaced anytime soon. at least i didn't buy the new mac i'd been eyeing, b/c that would have gone missing as well.

in light of the current situation concerning my visa (yet to be posted…i’ve been granted the one for consultants (a business visa), and prospective trip to delhi to get it sorted, i’m not in a good mood today.

all i wanna know is, am i going to catch some good karma after all this? because as a result of this week (and it's only wednesday morning!), i am on the verge of buying a pack of cigarettes after six years sans nicotine. i am patiently waiting for something good to happen soon, god damn it!

2 comments:

Lauran said...

They say breathing the air here is like smoking a pack per day! Hold out a little longer-if you can-before going for those cigarettes! (Although I say if I am inhaling it anyway, might as well be through a filter..but, I plan to ditch the habit with my departure...)

Unknown said...

Whatever you do, don't start smoking. You've spent plenty of time
listening to me bitch, whine and generally complain about life whilst
I drag on a lucky strike without you falling off the wagon now. I
guess it sucks, but smoking won't make it suck any less than it
already does.

Did you buy the camera on a credit card, if so then it'd be insured?
Other than that make a fuss to the landlord and such and demand that
they remedy the situation. If they're taking that much of your salary
each month then they should do something about it.

To make you feel better, it's pissing it down with rain here and
getting colder already. I even got soaked through my waterproofs
today! lol.